There are 156 part-time places for three/four year olds available at the school. We also have 16 part-time places for two year olds. Preference for morning or afternoon places may be specified by parents/carers completing the application form. Completed application forms should be duly signed and dated and returned to the school office. Every effort is made to accommodate parents’ wishes regarding preferred sessions. Morning sessions are from 8.35 am to 11.35 am and afternoon sessions from 12.20 pm to 3.20 pm five days per week during term time only. 30 hour places are available from 8:00am to 2:00pm or 8:35am to 2:35am. We also have a breakfast club which is from 8:00am to 8:35am.
Please note the following:
- Applications can be made at any time for possible admission the term following the child’s second/third birthday.
- On receipt, each application form is stamped and filed in chronological order. Admission is offered on the basis of the date the application form is received and using the admission criteria listed below.
- Lea Nursery School admits children each term if there are vacant places.
- Parents will be asked to show their child’s birth certificate and verify registration details as part of the induction process.
- Parents may also be asked for proof of address.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be considered with the next batch of applicants.
Lea Nursery School often receives more applications than there are places available. Places will be offered to 3 year olds the term after their third birthday. We date stamp each application form when it is received and admit children on the basis of first come first served.
Consideration is given to the following factors while admitting children:
- Children with educational, medical or social needs (applications on these grounds will have to be supported in writing by the relevant professional involved, such as SENASS, a Social Worker or General Practitioner).
- Children with a brother or sister at the same school when the child is due to be admitted.
- Children who have recently moved into the Wexham Lea area and have previously attended a nursery or playgroup.
Places can only be offered to children residing in other Local Education Authorities once children residing in Slough have been offered a place. An application form can be found below.